What is the DANVILLE AREA SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS Program?
A growing, local program facilitated by the Discover Danville Association, Danville Area Chamber of Commerce, Shop Danville First and Sustainable Danville Area and other motivated individuals who are committed to ensuring that Danville continues to be distinguished as a healthy, prosperous community.
The Danville Area Sustainable Business program’s mission is to educate and recognize local businesses working to adopt sustainable practices that strengthen our economy, community and environment.
The program encourages businesses to adopt ‘best practices’ for sustainable operations and provides marketing support to attract more customers.
Benefits of becoming a danville area sustainable business?
- It’s great for image and advertising – marketing studies show that 83% of consumers are interested in sustainable practices and this influences their purchasing decisions.
- Many of the recommended actions save your business money
- Partner with a ‘sustainability consultant’ to support and help you adopt sustainable practices
- Be featured in an online directory promoting Danville Area Sustainable Businesses
HOW CAN YOUR BUSINESS PARTICIPATE?
- Download the DANVILLE AREA SUSTAINABLE
- Return your completed checklist with the $45 administrative fee to a convenient location (CHECK PAYABLE TO SUSTAINABLE DANVILLE AREA):
1. Gayler Construction, 390 Diablo Road, Suite 110 (mail slot available)
2. Cottage Jewel, 100 Prospect Avenue Tuesday-Saturday 10:30am – 5:00pm
Here are some helpful links for additional information on adopting sustainable practices for your business: